What to Do When Your Ex Won’t (or Can’t) Pay Child Support

Andi Kimbrough would have an easier time budgeting if her ex-husband was paying the child support he owes her. Currently, his tab is $11,000, which she doesn’t expect to be repaid soon. Her ex is unemployed, and his location is unknown. In fact, there’s a warrant out for his arrest.

Kimbrough, 43, is gainfully employed at a local television network in Dallas/Fort Worth and is married to a service director for a car dealership. So she is part of a two-income household, which helps offset the financial challenges of not receiving regular child support for her 14-year-old and 10-year-old sons. Still, it isn’t easy. Her household is sending out child support money as well.

Kimbrough’s husband has three children of his own: two sons, ages 18 and 15, and an eight-year-old daughter. His ex-wife is trying to get her amount of child support increased. Right now, Kimbrough says, they’re paying somewhere between $500 and $600 per month in child support.

“We struggle to pay it already and feel like there is no recourse,” Kimbrough says. Those child support issues are one of the main reasons the couple has made a big decision regarding their lifestyle going forward. “We’re actually moving out of our house and into an apartment,” she says.

Written by . To read the full article, click here. For more information on family law attorneys, visit http://www.xmgarcialaw.com


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s